Are you wanting to learn more about Hypnobirthing and understand how to best support couples using Hypnobirthing techniques?
We are all working with the same goal in mind – to help birthing mothers and babies achieve a safe and positive birth outcome.
This one day course is designed specifically for health professionals who want to understand the philosophy, tools and techniques of Hypnobirthing so they can best support couples using this approach.
You may be a Midwife, student Midwife, Obstetrician, shared care GP, Doula or Nurse or childbirth educator.
At the end of the course you are not certified as a Hypnobirthing Australia practitioner but you will gain an insight into the philosophy, language and tools of Hypnobirthing which will equip you to in your very important role of supporting birthing mothers and families.
Accredited with 10 RCM CPD hours
In our Supportive Caregivers Training we will cover:
- Introduction to positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- Causes of fear and how it affects labour (psychological, emotional, physical)
- How caregivers can best help and support hypnobirthing parents
- What is hypnosis and how it is used through pregnancy and birth
- Re-programming the subconscious – conditioning techniques used
- The importance of a calm birthing environment
- The language for empowered birthing
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- Introducing our toolkit for birth – breathing, visualisation, relaxation
- Self-hypnosis techniques – how parents use them through pregnancy and birth
- The power of triggers, anchors, suggestions and self-hypnosis during birth
- Prompts that can be used during birth
- Birth Preferences – the importance of open communication, negotiation and respecting women’s choices
- Special circumstances
- Releasing our own fears and reservations
- Techniques and tools to manage stress. Deep relaxation techniques for caregivers (caregivers need nurturing too!)
Next Workshop Friday 1 June 2018
The Aikenhead Wing, St Vincent's Hospital, 27 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy